Currently, I have a project where I build a library and an executable that depends on the library. Finally, I package a .deb package with cpack.

Now, my problem is that cpack packs the symbolic link of my library and that creates problems with the deb installer ( dpkg -i ) whenever I try to install the same version of my program twice. The error I get is that the symbolic link changed value from 20 to 42 (or something like that).

I tried removing the symbolic link previous to packaging, but then I get cpack erroring out with:

CMake Error at /media/gga/Datos/code/applications/mrViewer/BUILD/Linux-3.13.0-108-generic-64/Release/tmp/libACESclip/cmake_install.cmake:47 (file):
  file INSTALL cannot find
"/media/gga/Datos/code/applications/mrViewer/BUILD/Linux-3.13.0-108-generic-64/Release/lib/libACESclip.so".

Following a post on stackoverflow, I also tried using NAMELINK_SKIP on the library, like:

set_target_properties( ACESclip
  PROPERTIES
  SOVERSION ${SOVERSION})

install( TARGETS ACESclip
  RUNTIME DESTINATION bin
  LIBRARY DESTINATION lib
  ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib
  NAMELINK_SKIP )

But then the executable:

ADD_EXECUTABLE( mrViewer WIN32 ${SOURCES} )
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( mrViewer ${LIBRARIES} ACESclip )

would not find my library and would error out.

Therefore, I turn to the list for help. How do I prevent cpack from packaging symbolic links (a feature which is kind of wrong at least for .deb files)? Or how do I make my executable use the library without symlinks?

Thanks in advance.