I've been finding the 'modern' approaches of imported targets as used
by e.g. Boost and some other modules much better - being able to
specify all dependencies in a single target_link_libraries instead of
hauling around a whole load of required variables for each dependency.

However, only very few of the modules seem to have been altered to use
this paradigm - and some I'd have assumed were popular
(PythonInterp/PythonLibs - the libs themselves a dependency for
Boost::python) certainly aren't.

Is it just that nobody has gone over many of the existing packages, or
is there some reason this approach has been abandoned? This seems to
have been around for a couple of years, so I'd have expected more to
have of the module library converted.

Thanks,

Nick