Hi Brad,

I picked up rc4 (since according to the release notes it has your changes
merged in) and tried it out. Sadly I'm still running into problems! It looks
like a semicolon is incorrectly added when -Xcompiler is appended to
AdditionalOptions:

<AdditionalOptions>-lineinfo;-Xcompiler="/bigobj -Zi -Ob1"</AdditionalOptions>

This causes MSBuild to fail with the following error message:

1>C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\BuildCustomizations\CUDA
8.0.targets(635,9): error MSB5016: The name "-Xcompiler" contains an invalid
character "-".  C:\Program Files
(x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\BuildCustomizations\CUDA 8.0.targets

I tried manually replacing the semicolon with a space, and this fixes the issue
for me (and -Xcompiler is passed through as expected).

I've created a minimal test case to reproduce the error, and put it on Github
at https://github.com/jameshancox/cmake_example_xcompiler , hope it helps.

Cheers,
James