I see no reason that we couldn't provide a TARGET_OBJ_DIR:tgt
generator expression that states where the objects reside. Opening
TARGET_OBJ_DIR and TARGET_OBJECTS to be evaluated for any target would
require some work, and an interested CMake developer.

FYI Due to XCode limitations we can't allow people to specify where
object files should be placed for a library :( .