Hello,

On 6/20/18 3:10 AM, A. Sanchez via CMake wrote:
> Hello. I have been trying to get a good version of CMake for my PS3 cluster
> running linux. But everything I try to compile needs CMake 3.0 or higher? Is
> there any way to update from CMAKE 2.4. Right now I am running Fedora 9,
> since PPC is sort of out of date, but I can run Debian Jessie if the system
> needs to be up to date.

I believe you have two options:
1) Use debian Jessie backports which will give you CMake 3.6:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=cmake&searchon=names&section=all&suite=jessie-backports

2) Compile it yourself. CMake is self-contained so compilation should be
relatively easy. Please note that latest versions depend on a C++11
compatible toolchain. There is a boostrap script to compile CMake
without CMake and break the dependency cycle.

Hope that helps,
Gregor