On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:51 PM Brad King <brad.k...@kitware.com> wrote:

> On 08/21/2018 03:18 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> > without --specs=nosys.specs applied during compiler testing, cmake fails.
>
> How is this flag specified when invoking CMake?

Initially I tried setting the flags before invoking "project" and that
seemed to be enough for Fedora. I've tried other things as well that I've
probably forgotten but one other method I tried was:

set(CMAKE_REQUIRED_DEFINITIONS "--specs=nosys.specs")

but nothing seems to work. I even tried passiting the toolchain option on
the command line with the same result.

> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cmake/+bug/1787723
>
> According to that discussion it works on Fedora but not on Ubuntu.
> Please try an upstream version of CMake to compare behavior.

I'll see what I can do but I'm not very Ubuntu knowledgeable. I try
download the linux binary gz file from cmake.org.

Thanks,
Richard