Hi,

I'm using CMake for cross-compilation, and I have a toolchain file which sets
CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH accordingly. I'm running into issues with
pkg_check_modules not finding some modules because it only searches inside
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH and not CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH (where my *.pc files are
located).

I'm wondering why this is the case. From my understanding,
CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH is intended to contain prefixes for the system, and
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH is intended to contain prefixes for the project. In this
case, since I'm cross-compiling (which defines my "system"), it seems
appropriate to set CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH inside my toolchain file, but then
that doesn't end up influencing the pkg-config search as I would like.

Should I be setting CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH inside my toolchain file, either instead
of or in addition to CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH, or should pkg_check_modules also
honor CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH? I suppose another option would be to set the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable inside my toolchain file directly, but
that seems kinda ugly.

Thanks,
Shoaib