Problem solved - thanks anyway...

On 09.06.19 09:11, Steven Truppe wrote:

How on earth can i create a variables out of the string flags_to_add ???

On 09.06.19 08:41, Steven Truppe wrote:

OK, i don't realy understand why it does work but i got it working:

include(CMakePrintHelpers)
macro(bsMergeFlags flags_to_add flags)
     set(flags_to_add ${flags_to_add} ${ARGN} )
     cmake_print_variables(flags_to_add)

     message(STATUS "bsMergeFlags ${flags_to_add}")
     list(APPEND flags ${tmp})
     message(STATUS "------------")
endmacro()

Now my problem is that the content of flags_to_add is correct when i
use cmake_print_variables but not when i try to use it in a message()
call.

I think i do miss some very important part when it comes to variables
- i'm now studying the hole chapter again, hopefully i understand it
then.

I hope you guys can help me.

best regards!