On Thu, 2019-12-12 at 15:15 +0100, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I understand correctly, configuring CMake for building means
> bootstrapping a basic version of itself which is then run on the
> included CMakeLists.txt file. That takes a lot of time
> (comparatively) which begs the question if there's a more-of-less
> official way to skip the bootstrap and just use the installed cmake
> binary?

The bootstrap CMake does not have all of the capabilities of the real
CMake - just enough to build CMake itself. It is intended to be used
once to build the real CMake and then immediately discarded.

If you want to skip bootstrapping, you can use a pre-existing CMake
binary for your system to build the new CMake.

This mailing list is deprecated. Please head over to Discourse for
further discussion:

https://discourse.cmake.org/c/usage

Kyle