we got the financial aid app from MD Anderson...whew....but I will get it done by tomorrow...they say approval is very quick, & once we are approved he would have an appt within 3 weeks

next, our Hydrea arrived!!!!!   Bristol Meyers Squib sent enough for about 6 months worth....so one more sigh of relief.   I am now working on the other meds such as Allopurinol to see if we can get them free or reduced cost.

now bad news.....Wed wbc count  is 116,000 so it went up tremendously from last week.  Terry has been taking 4 Hydrea each day.....the only new thing that Tues afternoon he sneezed really hard & it seemed to pull something in his upper right rib area.........doc was quite confused as to why they can't get his counts stabilized....and once again, "discovered" that Terry is not taking the Gleevec...he has seen her twice & both times she acts surprised.....we are of the opinion that she is just not documenting our situation.

anyway, he did ask about blasts.....she stated that he didn't have any while in the hospital...while our paperwork clearly shows that he had 27% blasts....argh!!!   He asked about his current blast status & she said that it is only checked once every 3 months.   Does that sound right????   He has 2 comprehensive blood draws since he started going to her.

He also asked about the Philadelphia chromosome, and she said that he had it, but would not elaborate about details......argh!!!!

okay, that is it for now....she gave Terry 2 new prescriptions for nausea & dizziness, but the side effects are just like Phenegren & they all could cause drowsiness, which means he can not drive for work.  One of his jobs is a public school bus driver, so he can take NO chances of possible health problems while driving.

thanks for kind words, encouragement, and prayers!!

Lora

New! Sign up for local CML support group meetings in your local community at http://cml.meetup.com

Apply for Commercial Real Estate loans online and submit your deal to dozens of hungry lenders in just minutes. Loan programs for all types of business and commercial real estate. Apply anytime at http://realestatezoo.com

CML (Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Support List)