Greetings My Family & Friends

It's Monday, November 28, 2005, 12:28am and I want you all to share in
my celebration of life. Two years ago today I was diagnosed with CML.
This is a glorious day and celebration of life for me. By the grace of
God a doctor named Dr. Brian Druker was given the talent to come up
with a life saving medication, Gleevec which has kept me alive and not
always so well, but "most importantly" alive! I feel so blest to be
here and have the opportunity to email all of you and share this
moment, this day in my life. God bless all of us who are still here in
the battle to survive. Please think of me today and share my joy.

Prayers for Noah and his family......
I want to welcome the newbies I've failed to make contact with in the
past week or so. I'm usually johnny on the spot, but due to the loss
of my beloved mother and much activity with my son since his release
from jail, going to AA and AL-NON meetings and catching up lost time
with him, I'm afraid I haven't had the time to personally welcome you.
I realize only too well what you are going through but please know
that you have found the perfect place for love, kindness,
understanding, information and knowledge concerning CML. Don't
hestitate to post to the group with anything whatsoever, no question
you have is too simple or too hard, nor is it a dumb question. I had
heard of leukemia prior to my diagnosis, it took my daddy's baby
sister's life at 21 back in the 1930's. I have no idea which kind she
had or anything about it. When I was told I had a form of leukemia,
called CML and it was the "good kind", well I was just stunned and had
no earthly idea what to think, what to feel, except sheer terror and I
got on the internet immediately and looked up everything I could find
about it, bookmarked it on my computer, transferred it from computer
to a journal. God led me here to this YahooCMLSupportGroup. I read it
only for some weeks to find out all I could, I was skeptical about
writing to the group but... one day I felt the need, I needed someone
to talk to who knew exactly what I was going through since my family
and friends didn't know what I was going through. God pointed me in
the right direction and I have been here for almost 2 years. I have
recieved so much love, friendship, understanding and what treatment I
needed, what kind of doctor I needed, what to expect from the Gleevec
and all my thousand of questions from my CML friends and family. I
have recieved so many response posts, private emails, letters, cards,
phone calls, I don't know where to begin to thank everyone by name. I
know that what I found from this group, you will also. I wish the
newcomers, and all of us continued success and life. Please feel free
to email me privately for any reason. The winter season is upon us
now, and with CML and COPD, I will be spending much of my time at home
away from the public and germs, bugs, flu and so forth. So I need some
extracurricular activity(can't spell or type well.) Just know that I
am here should you feel the need to need someone.

I hope everyone was able to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday's as much
as I did. It was sad and at times very heartbreaking as I just lost my
mother the 15th, but I was very happy to be with my husband, children
and sister-in-law for the day. We had a wonderful day aside from being
worn out trying to cook too much. We've come to a mutual agreement
that I and my sister-in-law are just no longer able to cook for hours,
so we are having Christmas dinner catered. It will be the third time
in 23 years that I did not prepare my family a meal. I was diagnosed
Nov. 28th 2003, and I just wasn't in the holiday mood to cook that
year, and  in 2004 my son was in jail on Xmas Day so I certainly
wasn't in the mood that day, and I was also very sick. So this year's
holiday's will be very special to me. I hope they will be to you.

God bless everyone
Love, Peace, Hope & Prayers, Pat

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JrD4fD/lbOLAA/xGEGAA/8zSolB/TM

New! Sign up for local CML support group meetings in your local community at
http://cml.meetup.com

Apply for Commercial Real Estate loans online and submit your deal to dozens of
hungry lenders in just minutes. Loan programs for all types of business and
commercial real estate. Apply anytime at http://realestatezoo.com

CML (Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Support List)
Change To No Mail/Web: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Change To Digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Change To Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CML Group Web Site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CML