Hi,

My name is David, I have been a silent member for 4 years now and to
start I want to thank everyone for their posts. They have helped me
in a large way.

My history is as follows:

Name: Dave Blackier
dx age: 28
dx: Dec 17th, 2001
Gleevec: Since January 2002
Current Dose: 400mg

I started Gleevec at 600mg which caused my white blood cell count to
drop. I was reduced to 300mg and gradually increase until I reached
600mg again. Once at 600mg I quickly achieved CCR followed by MMR. I
was dropped to 400mg and have been there for 1.5 years now.

I have been asked to take part in a Novartis clinical trial where
they will evaluating the effects of increasing the Gleevec dosage to
800mg on individuals that are currently having a molecular response
at 400mg. The purpose of the trial is to understand whether
increasing Gleevec dosage has a positive effect on people who have
had little luck at 400mg. I want to help, but where I have been
extremely sensitive to Gleevec past and I'm afraid of the side
effects of 800mg. I discussed this with my Doctor and he approved of
my participation. Where my Doctor is the principal investigator,  I
would welcome everyone's feedback or opinions!

Sorry for the length of the post.

Cheers!
Dave

AIDS has a woman's face.  Help women to protect themselves.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/VHwV5B/TREMAA/xGEGAA/8zSolB/TM

New! Sign up for local CML support group meetings in your local community at
http://cml.meetup.com

Apply for Commercial Real Estate loans online and submit your deal to dozens of
hungry lenders in just minutes. Loan programs for all types of business and
commercial real estate. Apply anytime at http://realestatezoo.com

CML (Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Support List)
Change To No Mail/Web: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Change To Digest: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Change To Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
List Help: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CML Group Web Site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CML