Morning,

I would in fact say they were never really Open Source at all. They offered a
version that was OSS, but they also offered a version that was 'less buggy' for
several thousand dollars. Hmmmm...

That is an aside.

There have been posts to the effect that Xopus has or will close their source
because they have not received any contracts from the effort:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=103790030505294&w=2

Here is a post from the lead of Wyona:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103835320531572&w=2

best,