This is a Betty/Veronica conversation….for those of a certain age.  (Lol.)

Build Quality aside, This fun discussion is totally dependent on how you wish
to use the boat.    I’m in the process of buying my next boat - an alubat ovni
- and I’m sure it’ll sail like a barge compared to my c&c 33ii.   It doesn’t
have the interior volume, walk through transom, twin helms or owners cabin of a
modern centre cockpit/aft cabin design, which would necessarily have exposed
rudders, a huge high dodger and an elevated cockpit sole.  (The latter is a
pain point for me in newer boats under, say 45’). The design/features
compromise of the boat I chose do suit my intended use.
I do think that vintage  is often more relevant that builder - most mass
production builders’ designs of a given period have a lot in common
My C$.02.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 23, 2023, at 7:50 AM, Danny Haughey via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>

> I'm not sure there is much research that went into this comment.  Most of the
> boats you listed have been around for decades and some are amazingly designed
> and of high quality construction.

>>snip<<
Thanks for your help.
Stu