For what it's worrth, i have no problems at all using 12.04 with Cobbler
2.2.3, no clue about FreeBSD though.

Note: i dont use the import distro feature

There's also a bug in the initrd as shipped with 12.04 wrt to the installer
when using a custom mirror (the installer is replacing your specified
mirror with gb.archive.ubuntu.com if i recall correctly). I worked around
it by downloading an daily cdrom image and use the kernel/initrd from that.

--
Jörgen

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Zack Perry <zack.pe...@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Great. That's nice to know. Thanks James for the heads-up.  We will
> upgrade the cobbler on a back-up host ASAP, and will give it a try.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Zack
>

> > Short answer: yes, use the release24 branch. I recently
> > merged in a lot of improvements for debian/ubuntu, including a much
> > better preseed and a few others have contributed improved snippets
> > for use in the early/late commands. There are still some
> > shortcomings, namely networking snippets are still not well
> > supported and need to be updated to support the preseed syntax.
> >
> > I've been meaning to revamp that distro support page, in
> > order to show the quality of support. 2.2 was the reintroduction of
> > support for debian/ubuntu (support for them was removed in 2.0). I've
> > successfully PXE booted a VM (using koan) running ubuntu 12.04
> > with the master branch.

Grtz,
Jörgen Maas