Hey all,

We've just released Cobbler version 2.8.0!

- Release notes:
http://cobbler.github.io/posts/2016/11/16/cobbler_2.8.0_released.html
- Source: https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/releases/tag/v2.8.0
- Packages: Underway, please check
http://cobbler.github.io/downloads/2.8.x.html
- Distribution support:
http://cobbler.github.io/manuals/2.8.0/1/2_-_Distribution_Support.html

This is the last major release before 3.0.0 and is based on the current
(2.4.x / 2.6.x) feature set. In this release some features have been
deprecated which will be removed in 3.0. Please take notice of these
deprecated features. To give users plenty of time to find another solution
2.8 will be supported for quite some time, consider this to be a LTS
release.

Also, there will be no more releases in the 2.6.x series.

I will send an update on the 3.0.0 development effort in the near future.

Cheers!

Jörgen Maas