Nikolai,

QTMovieView has a delegate method

- (CIImage*) view: (QTMovieView *)Target_View willDisplayImage: (CIImage *)New_Image

This method gives you a CIImage to play with before it is displayed in the Target_View. Check the header file for QTMovieView.h (near the bottom). I think the the MyMovieFilter sample code uses this method.

Note: Depending on what type of analysis you are doing you may need to convert the CIImage into a pixel-based format. If that is too slow you may want to get friendly with QTVisualContextIsNewImageAvailable() and the Display Link... check out the CIVideoDemoGL sample code.

regards,

douglas