Hello everybody!
In my document-based core data application I have a outline view which
displays a list of departments like this (similar to iTunes):

COMPANY [Item]
-- All Employees [SmartItem : Item]
-- Department A [Department : Item]
-- Department B [Department : Item]

That works very well! Items have many children and one parent and the
NSTreeController handles it without any problems. However: I don't want any
Items ("COMPANY") or SmartItems ("All Employees") to be saved in the
document because they are only temporary objects so to say. This is done in
CoreRecipes using two different stores: NSXMLStoreType and
NSInMemoryStoreType. When I tried to add this to my app, the saved document
is empty. It looks like all objects are assigned to the in-memory store. In
fact, the in-memory store is the only one in the context until the document
gets saved.

Can you help me?

Mike