I've spent the last few hours trying to create an NSTextView without word wrap. The BiScrollAspect.m file in the textSizingExample project file is no help at all. Searching on "wrap" is no help either. I've checked and unchecked various settings in IB. After much searching I settled on the following approach, which also doesn't work.

So where am I going wrong, and (optionally for documentation defenders) where in the documentation was I supposed to find the right answer?

- (void) awakeFromNib {
NSMutableParagraphStyle *style = [[theTextView defaultParagraphStyle] mutableCopy];
        [style setLineBreakMode:NSLineBreakByClipping];
        [theTextView setDefaultParagraphStyle:style];
        [style release];