On 3 Jul 2018, at 03:08, Casey McDermott <supp...@turtlesoft.com> wrote:

> NSDrawer is deprecated, but it's also perfect for our application.
> We still haven't found a good substitute.

[snip]

> Is there a work-around for an attached window that pops out on the side,
> and acts like a drawer?

NSDrawer isn’t particularly special; it’s just a child window set to order
below its parent (see [NSWindow addChildWindow:ordered:), with some views
inside it.  You can easily create something that works just like NSDrawer if
you really want to.

> Any idea when deprecation turns into total non-support?

Well, I think NSDrawer was deprecated because the UI people felt it didn’t fit
in with the current UI design, rather than for any technical reason, and as
such I’d suppose that eliminating it would be a low priority.  But the only
people who could tell you Apple’s intentions are those people who work for
Apple, and, sadly, they often aren’t able to because they aren’t allowed.

Kind regards,

Alastair.

--
http://alastairs-place.net