[From the mailing list, I have received an empty mail, so I am going to try
again]

In my screensaver , I am loading images using this piece of code:

   CGImageSourceRef sourceRef = CGImageSourceCreateWithURL( (CFURLRef) url,
NULL );
   if ( sourceRef == NULL )
   {
   CGImageSourceStatus imgstatus = CGImageSourceGetStatus( sourceRef );
   if ( imgstatus != kCGImageStatusComplete )
   {

The url is an absolute path. So far, this code has always worked.

Now, under Catalina, at least with one user, I get kCGImageStatusInvalidData as
a return value from  CGImageSourceGetStatus().
The image files have not changed, so I don't see why it should return an error
now.
The images reside on an external volume, but, again, it used to work under
Mojave.

Unfortunaltey, I could not find any hints as to why this error might occur.
(I searched the dev docs, and the web.)

Does anyone have an idea, what might be causing this error?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards, Gabriel