I am trying to replicate what this guy suggests:

https://medium.com/better-programming/how-to-make-a-custom-screensaver-for-mac-os-x-7e1650c13bd8
under section "Additional Debugging".

The idea is to create a standalone app that shares as much code with the
screensaver as possible.

I am using Xcode 11, macOS Catalina, Objective-C.

Now, I have created a new project as "App".
But, unlike on the web page, Xcode has not created an NSViewController, but
instead an NSObject:
the .h-file contains

    @interface AppDelegate : NSObject <NSApplicationDelegate>

    @end

Could some kind should please shed light on what to do to make my
ScreenSaverView a subview of the new stand-alone app?

Best regards, Gabriel