In  my screensaver, I'd like to search the ~/Pictures for images.
I would like to use that folder as a default, without requiring the user to
open it for me.

Under macOS Mojave (10.14), the ScreenSaverEngine has these entitlements:

        <key>com.apple.developer.extension-host.screensaver</key>
        <true/>
        <key>com.apple.security.cs.disable-library-validation</key>
        <true/>

(AFAIK)

My question is: would these allow me to access ~/Pictures without any user
intervention?
If yes, what would be the easiest/robust way to get the directory?
Should I just use:

dir = [ [NSFileManager defaultManager] URLForDirectory: NSPicturesDirectory
                                       inDomain: NSUserDomainMask
                              appropriateForURL: nil create: NO error: &err];

Thanks a lot in advance.
G.