Hi guys, I'm using sqlite3 library and a common technique is to cache
the statement. In some examples I found the statement is set as static
in the model which gets instantiated lazily. I'm wondering if and how
the pointer to the statement will be released. In the code samples I
saw there is no trace of the releasing (in this case,
sqlite3_finalize(statement)).

This is the example:

http://icodeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/9-todom.png

I'm new to objective-c and sometimes I wonder if when to use static
pointers or singletons.

Thanks, chr