On 26 Jan 2009, at 11:33, Oleg Krupnov wrote:

For the beta-testing purposes, I'd like my app to handle the situation
when the EXC_BAD_ACCESS exception occurs, and treat it gracefully -
i.e. send a crash report and perhaps terminate.

Currently, the app just hangs and needs the user to send Force Quit to
terminate the app.

I tried to wrap the problematic code with @try/@catch, but
EXC_BAD_ACCESS seems to be a special kind of exception that is not
trapped this way.

EXC_BAD_ACCESS is not an application exception it is a Unix signal.
Signals are a BIG topic.

You can handle them in Cocoa. See this recent post.

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2008/12/17/225634

Whether this is a wise course of action might be another matter.

Any advice is welcome!

This email sent to jonat...@mugginsoft.com

Jonathan Mitchell

Central Conscious Unit