Hi John,
Also worth noting: you can build on Leopard with Xcode 3.x, using the 10.4
SDK, and your app might run fine on a Leopard box.  BUT, you still need to
test on a native Tiger platform because the systems dylibs are different
(and yes, the 10.4 API behaves differently between Tiger and Leopard).  Even
though you link against the 10.4 SDK, you still run against the system
dylibs shipped on the target computer.  Which is why you need to run on a
native Tiger system for complete testing.
Around here we figure that we need to keep a Tiger computer around for as
long as we support Tiger.

Another note: be sure that you target 10.4 in your build environment.  In
particular, be sure that -mmacos-version-min=10.4 and
-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk are set as gcc build flags in case
you are using makefiles.  This will ensure that the generic (G3-friendly)
ppc arch is built, and not the later ppc7400 arch (not supported on Tiger
and some early Leopards).

- Dave.S

--
http://go/OnlyCheckEmailTwiceADay - join the movement