On 1/18/09 4:29 PM, Ben Trumbull said:

>> I mention this because (I'm embarrassed to admit) I never really
>> thought about this till yesterday. I *think* other design decisions
>> have made the atomic-ness irrelevant to any of the code I've written,
>> but now I need to go back and check, especially where Core Data is
>> involved.
>
>Core Data @dynamic properties are always nonatomic, irrespective of
>the property declaration.
>
>Core Data explicitly, intentionally, and states in the documentation,
>that you can have any property atomicity you want so long as it's
>nonatomic.

Interesting.  I never thought about this either, and was happy to see
this come up.

Ben, does this mean that the examples given here:
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreData/
Articles/cdAccessorMethods.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40002154-SW9>

should be:

@property(retain, nonatomic) NSString* firstName, lastName;

instead of:

@property(retain) NSString* firstName, lastName;

(I understand that it makes no difference at runtime.)

Likewise, shouldn't Xcode's 'Design > Data Model > Copy Obj-C 2.0 Method
Declarations to Clipboard' feature specify nonatomic?

Or am I confused again? :)

Cheers,