On Jan 26, 2009, at 7:45 PM, I. Savant wrote:

 ... sorry?

How does implementing one delegate method that's directly targeted at the very problem you're trying to solve "complicate things"?

I was confused about what to return from the method if I just wanted the data cell preserved as is. It turned out to be really simple, but the solution didn't hit me on the first few passes.

- (NSCell *) tableView:(NSTableView *) tableView
        dataCellForTableColumn:(NSTableColumn *) tableColumn
        row:(NSInteger) row
{
        if ([[tableColumn identifier] isEqualToString: @"delete"] &&
                (row == [[controller arrangedObjects] count] - 1))
                return addCell;
        else
                return [tableColumn dataCellForRow: row];
}

Thanks for your help. It was in typing up a rebuttal, that I stumbled upon this solution. Simple, clean, elegant. I guess delegates DO have a purpose :)

Thanks again

- Ken