Ok, I'll post the actual code that I am using and is giving the problem.

Here it is:

    for(NSString *title in oldTasks) {
        // Get the moc and prepare a fetch request for the required entity
        NSManagedObjectContext *moc = [self managedObjectContext];
        NSEntityDescription *entityDescription = [NSEntityDescription
entityForName:@"projects" inManagedObjectContext:moc];
        NSFetchRequest *request = [[NSFetchRequest alloc] init];
        [request setEntity:entityDescription];

        // Create a predicate for an array of names.
        NSPredicate *predicate = [NSPredicate predicateWithFormat:@"title IN
%d", oldTasks];
        [request setPredicate:predicate];

        NSSortDescriptor *sortDescriptor = [[NSSortDescriptor alloc]
initWithKey:@"name" ascending:YES];
        [request setSortDescriptors:[NSArray arrayWithObject:sortDescriptor]];

        // Execute the fetch request put the results into array
        NSError *error = nil;
        NSArray *resultArray = [moc executeFetchRequest:request error:&error];
        if (resultArray == nil)
        {
            // Diagnostic error handling
            NSAlert *anAlert = [NSAlert alertWithError:error];
            [anAlert runModal];
        }

        JGManagedObject *objectToDelete = [resultArray objectAtIndex:0];
        // Delete the object.
        [moc deleteObject:objectToDelete];
}

-----