I am using the setView: method on an NSMenuItem to set a custom view. In this
custom view there is an image which takes the whole of the view. The NSMenuItem
with this custom view is the first in the menu but the problem is it  doesn't
sit flush with the top of the menu, there is a big gap as you  can see here:

http://i.imgur.com/jIWQD.png

Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

Thanks.