On Apr 21, 2014, at 10:12 AM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:
> There is a delegate handler which makes passing and calling simple delegates
> a doddle. This was originally non ARC.
>
> There is a property defined:
>
> @property (nonatomic,retain)          id                      payloadObject;
>
> This is after I ARCed it, before that it didn’t specify it, e.g. it was
> (nonatomic). I must have made it retain when I was going through the
> properties. I’m not sure what the default is? I assume it must have been
> assign for this to work originally.

I'm not sure how your objects connect to each other, but it sounds like you had
a retain cycle between an object and its delegate.

You should read up on ARC and how delegate relationships are handled to avoid
retain cycles, since the delegator and the delegate typically point to each
other.  Basically, objects should not have strong references to their
delegates, for the same reason that with the old retain/release memory
management, objects should not retain their delegates.

--Andy