On Apr 24, 2014, at 5:39 PM, Lee Ann Rucker <lruc...@vmware.com> wrote:
> An orIfNull: for NSObject and NSNull might be nice for those times when you
> put placeholders in dictionaries.

For that you really only need a method in one place.  I'd be inclined to put it
in NSNull:

+ (id)nullIfNil:(id)obj
{
    return obj ?: [self null];
}

And then in constructing your dictionary you'd have code like

NSDictionary *myLookup = @{ key1, [NSNull nullIfNil:value1],
                            key2, [NSNull nullIfNil:value2],
                            ... };

For brevity I might not use a method at all; since this is a special case where
there is only one variable, a function or macro is much less clunky:

NSDictionary *myLookup = @{ key1, ObjOrNull(value1),
                            key2, ObjOrNull(value2),
                            ... };

--Andy