On Apr 30, 2014, at 3:21 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2014, at 8:20 AM, Diederik Meijer | Ten Horses
> <diede...@tenhorses.com> wrote:
>
>> Now here is the problem: although the JSON parses fine and populates a
>> UITableView without any issues, I am still getting the following error:
>
> If the JSON parsed fine, then the error must be coming from somewhere else. A
> call to JSONObjectWithData: either returns a parsed object, or returns nil
> and sets the error. It doesn’t do both :)

Which means...

>    NSError *error;
>    id jsonObject = [NSJSONSerialization JSONObjectWithData:self.container
>    if (error) {
>        NSLog(@"ERROR: %@", error);
>    }
>    else {

...you shouldn't be testing error, you should be checking whether jsonObject is
nil, and only then look at the error.  Doing it the wrong way around could
explain false errors.  For example, NSJSONSerialization could pessimistically
stick an error object in there as the default error, but manage to parse
successfully and return a non-nil object.  But then I'm not sure how you could
*also* be having your table populated with the right objects.

--Andy