The new pluggable pipelines are pretty cool, but the fact that they are
now declared in <map:components/> is not backwards compatible!  In order
to be able to reuse existing sitemaps, we must provide a reasonable
default
if that section is missing.

A pipeline is not like a selector or actions in that we can live without
them if our sitemap doesn't need them.  A pipeline is a central piece of
Cocoon, and we must have a default.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin