Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

First of all a big thanks to Upayavira for listening to my ramblings on optimization strategies and creating well done concrete implementation of them with excellent additional ideas.

Since he was not satisfied, he has also converted the CLI to commons-cli, added a CLI config file (cli.xconf), and created the Cocoon bean.

Hey, do we have a new Cocooner here? :-)

- o -

Now for the actual figures.

The 'original' run is done by taking Cocoon-2.1 CVS and doing build docs. The numbers are taken from the CLI run-time figure, not the Ant one.

To try the 'optimized' one, edit cli.xconf by changing confirm-extensions="true" to false. What does this entail? That all files without extensions are outputted as-is, without appending a proper extension. In sites that always use explicit extension, it makes no difference.

Can you explain what's the purpose of "confirm-extensions" ?

Sylvain