On Jun 6, 2006, at 10:54 AM, Dinberg Donna wrote:

Eric, some of these folks are already here and listening.

I'm not a hacker (maybe in the next life ...), but am a former
cataloguer
and  reference techie with current responsibility for monitoring a
broad
range of innovative discussions, including this forum; and we all
know there
are vendor types on code4lib, as well.  I imagine there are, in
fact, enough
non-coder folks here to pipe up if things start down a not-so-
functional
path or a path with which we might take issue.

Also, I'm sure those of us here who don't code are raising code4lib
points
of discussion in our own workplaces and, as needed, bringing those
comments
back here.

Noted, but most people here on code4lib are hackers. The idea of a
library catalog needs to reach a much wider audience. That is why I
advocate a new list.

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame