eXtensible Catalog webcast:

A new webcast that describes the eXtensible Catalog (XC) software is now
available!   This presentation includes video, audio and animated slides
describing all of the components of XC software, features, and architecture.
In addition, recent screen shots of the XC Metadata Services Toolkit user
interface are provided.

http://www.screencast.com/users/eXensibleCatalog

The webcast is a continuous presentation broken up into six parts for ease of
viewing.  The total length is 70 minutes and each of the five XC applications
is
described in detail.  The links to each segment are annotated with a brief text
description of the contents.

eXtensible Catalog software availability:

The XC team is currently in the final stages of making the XC software
available.  The XC OAI Toolkit and the XC NCIP Toolkit are currently being
readied for release under the MIT License
(http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php).  Development and
functionality enhancement will continue on these toolkits after release, but
new development will take place on a publicly accessible code repository.

The XC Metadata Services, Drupal, and Learning Management System Toolkits
are in varying stages of the design and development process.  We are making
the code for each of these toolkits available via a publicly accessible code
repository as well.  The Drupal and LMS Toolkits will be released under the
GPLv3 (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html) license.

Our goal is to make everything available no later than March 30, 2009.  In
addition, we are working to make design documentation such as software use
cases available for public review and comment.

Please contact our project manager, Randy Cook
(rc...@library.rochester.edu) with any questions or for further information.

Thanks,
Dave Lindahl
Principal Investigator, eXtensible Catalog Project