...Today is the last day to nominate/defend/decry nominees for Code4Lib2010 in Asheville...

I'll renominate one of Gabe's excellent suggestions last year in case it hasn't already been submitted this year:

Adrian Holovaty

Adrian is co-creator and a bdfl of django, a journalist, an inspirer of Greasemonkey, an influencer of google-maps, a winner of a $1.1m Knight Foundation grant (the org promotes journalism), and creator of everyblock.com .

One reason for this suggestion: my interest in parallels between the mission and, recently, rapidly changing place of journalism and the library world -- such as the loss of exclusive gate-keeper roles due to tech advances, and new opportunities afforded by those advances.

-Birkin

http://www.holovaty.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Holovaty

---
Birkin James Diana
Programmer, Integrated Technology Services
Brown University Library
birkin_di...@brown.edu