At long last... We are now accepting proposals for Code4lib 2011.

Code4lib 2011 is a loosely-structured conference for library
technologists to commune, gather/create/share ideas and software, be
inspired, and forge collaborations.  The conference will be held
Monday February 7th (Preconference Day) - Thursday February 10th, 2011
in Bloomington, IN. More information can be found at
http://code4lib.org/conference/2011/

There are separate submission pages for 20-minute prepared talks,
lightning talks, breakout sessions, and Preconference events.

1. Prepared Talks

Head over to the call for proposals page at
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2011talks_Submissions and submit
your idea for a prepared talk for this year's conference!  Proposals
should be no longer than 500 words, and preferably many less.

Prepared talks are 20 minutes (including setup and questions), and
focus on one or more of the following areas:
 * tools (some cool new software, software library or integration platform)
 * specs (how to get the most out of some protocols, or proposals for new ones)
 * challenges (one or more big problems we should collectively address)

The community will vote on proposals using the criteria of:
 * usefulness
 * newness
 * geekiness
 * diversity of topics

Proposals can be submitted through November 13th. Voting will commence
soon thereafter and be open through December 1st.  Successful
candidates will be notified by December 3rd. The submitter (and if
necessary a second presenter) will be guaranteed an opportunity to
register for the conference through December 21st.

We cannot accept every prepared talk proposal, but multiple lightning
talk and breakout sessions will provide everyone who wishes to present
with an opportunity to do so.

2. Lightning talks:
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2011_Lightning_Talks_Signup

3. Breakout sessions: http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2011_Breakout_Sessions

4. Preconference events:
http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2011_Preconference_Proposals. We'll
have space for up to 3 full-day pre-conferences and 3-6 half-day
pre-conferences.

We look forward to your participation!

Cheers,

-Code4Lib 2011 Conference Program Committee
 * Karen Estlund
 * Gabriel Farrell
 * Ranti Junus
 * Dot Porter