I have written a couple of blog postings as well as bunches o' hacks
surrounding VUFind, EAD files, harvesting content, and text mining that may be
of interest to us coders:

  1. EAD files - The first posting and set of Perl scripts describes how I am
currently indexing MARC records, but more importantly, EAD files in VUFind. The
process involves harvesting EAD files from remote locations, transforming them
into HTML, indexing them at the container level, and providing access to the
index. [1, 2]

  2. Internet Archive content - The second posting describes how I mirrored
content from the Internet archive, munged the mirrored MARC records, indexed
them, and provided a rudimentary text mining interface against the locally
cached full text. [3, 4]

There are lots of cool (as well as "kewl") possibilities here.

[1] indexing EAD in VUFind - http://bit.ly/cIu0lG
[2] EAD record in VUFind - http://bit.ly/9Z7GUg
[3] Internet Archive content - http://bit.ly/dbzYyX
[4] harvested record with text mining - http://bit.ly/ahjLf2