Quoting Simon Spero <s...@unc.edu>:

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Richard Wallis <richard.wal...@talis.com>wrote:

However, I think you are thinking in the right direction - I am
resigning myself to just using the word 'description'.

Q: In your definition, can *descriptions *be put* * into 1:1 correspondence
with records (where a record is a atomic asserted set of propositions about
a resource)?

Yes, I realize that you were asking Richard, but I'm a bit forward, as we know. I do NOT see a description as atomic in the sense that a record is atomic. A record has rigid walls, a description has permeable ones. A description always has the POTENTIAL to have a bit of unexpected data added; a record cuts off that possibility.

That said, I am curious about the permeability of the edges of a named graph. I don't know their degree of rigidity in terms of properties allowed.

kc

Simon

--
Karen Coyle