I¹ll +1 the suggestion for a separate list for jobs.  My personal reasons:

1.  I receive the digest version of the code4lib emails (once daily), so I
can¹t easily split just jobs into their own folder in my mail program
since it¹s all one file.  I don¹t really want to start parsing and
splitting the file.  Thanks, though.

2.  I like receiving the digest version of the email which means I¹m
reminded to scan through the single email I receive once a day for topics
of interest or discusion and I¹m not distracted by email notifications and
other things all day when I¹m trying to concentrate through what are
already way too many daily interruptions.  (Yeah, I know going to its own
folder keeps it out of the inbox stream, but there is still the
irresistable pull and the mail notifier and other things and I tend to
never look at things hidden away in a quarantined folder, ever.)

3. Jobs are generally not topics of interest for me since most are from
other places in the country and I¹m not at all interested in moving
somewhere else for a job right now even if I were looking, so a good
portion of the listings are just extra noise that I don¹t really care
about.

4.  I find arguments to the effect of "I love looking at jobs² orthoginal
to the discussion since we¹re not talking about disallowing job postings,
but just moving them to a separate list.  Anyone who is interested enough
in jobs could also add a separate jobs list to go to their daily email
inbox, so I¹m not sure how it would be a loss of all jobs emails they
like.  I suppose this argument essentially comes down to the same kind of
argument as the pro-email-filter one.  Basically that argument is, ³just
do something different to receive the emails you want the way you want
them.²  But in this case the argument is coming right back at you from the
other direction of suggting a separate email list.

5.  Honestly, after all these reasons, I don¹t really care so much and to
me it¹s a minor annoyance rather than a pressing problem, but I wanted to
put out an alternate viewpoint to the oft repeated ³why don¹t you just use
this filtering solution that works for me.²  Sorry, that¹s not a solution
I love, for whatever idiosyncratic reasons about the way I work.

Probably nothing is going to make everyone happy, so, no big deal,
whatever happens.  I guess that¹s an argument for the status quo since it
seems like it¹s one of those things like favorite colors that not everyone
is going to agree on and we¹ll never resolve.