I recommend this article as an entry point into a research program on information quality:

Stvilia, B., Gasser, L., Twidale, M. B. and Smith, L. C. (2007), A framework for information quality assessment. J. Am. Soc. Inf. Sci., 58: 1720–1733. doi:10.1002/asi.20652 Available at: http://stvilia.cci.fsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/IQAssessmentFramework.pdf

One cannot manage information quality (IQ) without first being able to measure it meaningfully and establishing a causal connection between the source of IQ change, the IQ problem types, the types of activities affected, and their implications. In this article we propose a general IQ assessment framework. In contrast to context-specific IQ assessment models, which usually focus on a few variables determined by local needs, our framework consists of comprehensive typologies of IQ problems, related activities, and a taxonomy of IQ dimensions organized in a systematic way based on sound theories and practices. The framework can be used as a knowledge resource and as a guide for developing IQ measurement models for many different settings. The framework was validated and refined by developing specific IQ measurement models for two large-scale collections of two large classes of information objects: Simple Dublin Core records and online encyclopedia articles.

Bob