Colext/Macondo
Cantina virtual de los COLombianos en el EXTerior

CNET | VIRUS & SECURITY NEWSLETTER
2001's Top 5 worst computer viruses January 2, 2002 Vol. 1, No. 4

2001 was a record year for computer viruses. In 2001, I
covered 65 viruses for CNET Networks--double my coverage the
previous year--and most ranked a 6 or higher on the CNET Virus
Meter (http://clickthru.online.com/Click?q=0b-0NB-INQSdFR3ya01mwgpRwYm
selecting the top 5 worst viruses of 2001, I've been picky. I've
excluded a few carry-overs from 2000 and before, such as MTX, Hybris,
and Kakworm. And I've biased my picks toward those most likely to be
models of future viruses in 2002.  Therefore, my choices may stray a
bit from those of the major antivirus vendors because I'm looking at
total destruction potential, not just speed. So, without further ado,
my picks for 2001 are:  BadTrans.B, Sircam, Magistr, Nimda, and Goner.