To leave Commie, hyper to
http://commie.oy.com/commie_leaving.html

> There has to be a translation!

        Well, it seems there is no direct translation to English for "kilju".
As you know, kilju is actually a superordinate concept for a variety
different homebrew ferments, most - but not all - using processed sugar
and yeast as ingredients. There are varieties of kilju that do not
contain yeast. Their alcohol content is lower but taste often better
compared to yeast-based ferments. Examples are kilju made of frozen
orange juice, sugar and water, and "prison kilju" made of crispbread
(näkkileipä) and milk, which probably tastes incredibly foul
(personally, I have not had the "pleasure" of sampling the produce).
        It seems that kilju-type drinks are most often referred to just as wine
or beer, if they contain fruits of some kind. For the most basic sugar,
yeast & water type of kilju, there seems to be no expression, other than
just "sugar and yeast ferment". I came across one web page referring to
the noble drink as "sugar wine" (with quotation marks).

        However, while searching for the (apparently non-existent) English
translation for kilju, I came across a swahili word for kilju:
"olamira". East Africans consume huge amounts of homebrew alcohol
("rubisi" a.k.a. "tonto", banana wine/beer, seems to be the most popular
from what I've seen myself while in Tanzania) and it seems they have
very exact terms for different brews/ferments
(http://www.dur.ac.uk/History/web/drinkingit.htm#names).