Hi all. I'm struggling a bit to figure this out and wondering if anyone had
any  pointers.

   I'm using SequenceFiles as output from a MapReduce job ( using
SequenceFileOutputFormat ) and then in a followup MapReduce job reading in the
results using SequenceFileInputFormat.  All seems to work fine.  What I haven't
figured out is how to write the SequenceFile.Metadata in the
SequenceFileOutputFormat and then read the metadata in SequenceFileInputFormat.
 Is that possible to do using the new mapreduce.* API?

   I have two types of files I want to process in the Mapper.  Currently I'm
using the  context.getInputSplit() and parsing the resulting
fileSplit.getPath() to determine what file I'm processing.  It seems cleaner to
use the SequenceFile.Metadata if I can.  Does that make sense or am I off in
the weeds?

   Thanks

   Andy