[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Initial phase of switching to Context "is-a" Map instead of
  Context "has-a" Map.  There are some pretty interesting intricacies
  to implementing the entire Map contract.

I moved my current development over this morning. It seemed to go fine, except that I had a "isNew" method on the original. It's not a property, but a utility method that tested properties. This being a young project, I refactored the name to "newEntry" for now, and everything fell into place. Of course, that wouldn't work for everyone. I didn't try to figure out if there's a fix, so here's the trace:

Testcase: testAddPermit took 1.422 sec
Caused an ERROR
Exception writing property 'new': Property 'new' is not writeable
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Exception writing property 'new': Property 'new' is not writeable
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ContextBase.writeProperty(ContextBase.java:629)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ContextBase.put(ContextBase.java:361)
at org.apache.commons.chain.impl.ContextBase.putAll(ContextBase.java:390)
at us_ok_deq_wqdata.context.CpuPermitContext.<init>(CpuPermitContext.java:35)
at us_ok_deq_wqdata.dao.mock.MockCpuPermitDao.insert(MockCpuPermitDao.java:80)
at us_ok_deq_wqdata.command.PermitInsert.execute(PermitInsert.java:20)
at us_ok_deq_wqdata.command.CpuPermitInsertTest.testAddPermit(CpuPermitInsertTest.java:17)

FIXME: Missing unit tests for ...

I can work on these this afternoon.

[related thread] > * For the property transparency thing:

I haven't tried this yet, but will. To give the new Base a test, I temporarily gave my properties member fields [gotta love those IDE refactoring features :)]

-Ted.