From: Dain Sundstrom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 4:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Javamail license

I know Geir has been working on this, but it popped up on my radar
again... I think we have a serous problem with Javamail unless sun is
willing to relicense it.  The license is here
http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/LICENSE.txt

I think the biggest problem for us is this section (near the bottom):

(vi) you agree to defend and indemnify Sun and its licensors from and
against any
damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or expenses
(including
attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any claim, lawsuit or
action by
any third party that arises or results from the use or distribution of
any
and all Programs and/or Software.

Does the ASF allow us to ship software from ASF servers that contain
dependencies that have this kind of language?

-dain