Well..   As we add functionalty, it will drag along the dependencies.  Which
is okay if they aren't mandated.  For example, in [configuration] you need
very little for the base function.  But, as you add in Configuration objects
backed by JNDI, Databases, Servlet web.xml, etc, you need more and more.
This is address partly by just documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/dependencies.html

So, I am okay I guess with adding configuration/digester/etc.  As long as
the core API doesn't require it.  I guess it comes down to the fact that
things like configuration are orthongonal (?) to what email is.  Lets add
the functionality, but lets not mandate it.

Eric