No idea,

as we moved (MyFaces) from SF to Apache.
I loaded a tar-ball did local cvs (on my box)
renamed the packages and removed the sf-links.
after that I checked it in localy.

created a Tar-ball for the new.
That guy was imported to apache cvs
by the incubator-guys, I guess.

BTW. perhaps you saw my accident yesterday.
I saw some clazzes without @version etc.
I submitted by accident $LOG (for CVS)

I guess it is not common inside of Jakarta?
In myFaces we still use this feature.

Regards,
Matthias